- The purpose of email marketing is to connect with existing users and new users to improve the relationship and conversions.
Email Marketing Softwares
- Mailchimp (Free 2000 emails)
- Zooho Mail
Process of Email Marketing
- It is recommended to create your account with company mail only.
- Providing the company name and physical address is mandatory.
- We have to build a subscriber form according to business requirement of project.
- Creating an account on a mailchimp.com
- Go to menu > Lists > Create list
- After creating list Go to list à go to settings à list field
- Integrating form into a website.
- Go to list which you want to create à Signup form à Embedded form
- Copy this code into your website to display the form.
- We can also design of form and send the user directly to the form
Import Subscriber list
- If you already have a database we can import all data into mailchimp.
- Go to Add contacts > Import contacts > Copy or Paste from file
- In this process we divide our database into different segments based on specific criteria.
Example by age, gender, location, category etc.
Go to Manage Contacts > Segments > Create segment > Preview segment > save segment
- Enable auto update so that any user with certain criteria will be automatically added to specific segment.
- Depending on our goal we have to prepare proper content and images to give a proper message to our audience.
- Email templates can be designed in HTML and CSS or we can use readymade templates.
- Some email templates will be plain text which can be effective for certain campaigns.
- We can also create A x B campaign to test multiple email.
- Go to Campaign à Create campaign à Create an email à Regular
- Subject of the email marketing campaign is very critical for success of campaign.
- Personalize the ‘To’ field is good option to avoid spam filters.
We have to analyze the following key performance indicators
- Open rate
- Click rate
- Conversion rate
- Bounce mail