- Google Analytics is a website analysis tool which helps us to understand the performance of our website.
- This analysis will help in making decisions for our website.
Popular Analytics Softwares
- Google Analytics (Free edition)
- Google Analytics (Premium)
- Adove site catalyst and omniture (Paid)
Key performance indicators ( KPI’s )
- To measure the success or failure of project we have to analyze certain key performance indicators.
- Unique users or visitors.
- Sessions number of times website visited.
- Average time .
- Bounce rate : The percentage of visitors who left the website without visiting any other page. According to industry experts optimal Bounce rate should be 30% to 40%.
- Optimal conversion rate is 10%
- Traffic sources ( Direct, organic search, paid, referral, social )
- google.com/analytics [ Sign Up ]
- Account structure
- Sign up for new account and generate a tracking code.
- This code has to be added in every page of your website.
- After installing code verify your installation using Google tag assistant.
Real Time Report
- To see the data of what is happening right now in the website.
- Analytics is divided into 4 segments
- Audience report
- Acquisition report
- Conversion report
- Audience overview report
- Location report
- Session duration report
- Traffic sources report
- The percentage of users who left a particular page are counted in exit rate.
Navigation Summary Report
- We can analyze page by page navigation path of user to make better decisions.
Page Timing Report
- With this report we can analyze how much time the page is taking to load for actual user.
- With this A-B testing we can able to create a new landing page and test the new landing page performance compared with old one after certain time .
- Note : In present A-B testing we can test up to 120 designs at a time.
- We have to create a new landing page with has to be different in colour or structure
- Create a new landing page as per your new design concept.
- We can able to easily track all the conversion in our site with Goal analysis.
- Go to conversions > Goals
- For big company funnel visualisation report will be very crucial for making decisions.