Onpage Optimization is improving the site for better ranking on search engines.
Onpage Elements :
In the website we have various options and settings which has to be optimized as per Google rules. Onpage has to be applied on each page separately.
Domain Name Optimization :
Domain Register age is very important factor for ranking. It is a filter Google avoids new website to rank on top. Minimum 3 months is required to rank on Google. Branded sites or a site by reputed website does not require 3 months they get ranks easily.
- Keywords based domains can rank faster.
- Don’t use long tail keyword domain.
- Don’t use Exact Match Domain( EMD).
- .edu, .gov.in, .ac.in etc will rank higher in search result.
- Domain name with longer registration can perform well.
- https://, will rank faster in google.
URL Optimization :
In this technique we have to optimize the URL as per Google guidelines.
Rules of URL Optimization
- Use Target Keywords in URL.
- Make URL based on hierarchy of site.
- Separate each word with hyphen ( – ) or underscore ( _ )
- Always use lower case letters.
- For dynamic websites URL has to follow the hierarchy of the site.
- Don’t use too many sub-levels in URL.
Title Tag Optimization
- Title is a tag which is available in head section of every page.
- It is also displayed in SERP.
- It is a very important element in SEO ranking.
- Use target keywords in title tag.
- Use combination of keywords to rank for multiple keywords.
- The length of title is 55 Character, we can use more characters.
- Keywords can be separated with “ : “ or “ – “ or “, “
- End the Title tag with website name.
- It is the summery of the page which helps user to understand the relevancy of the page.
- Limit is 155 Characters, we can increase the characters if required.
- Use target keywords.
- Show unique Selling Point ( USP ) in description.
- End with good call to action.
- Use symbols or images to make it more effective. For symbols search for Unicode table in Google.
- We can add all relevant keywords to the page.
- Limit is 155 Characters.
- According to Google update Meta Keywords is not useful in ranking.
- It is recommended by most of SEO professionals to add meta keywords.
- Meta Robots will control the crawler access.
- Code for Meta Robots are as follows
<meta name=”robots” content=”index,follow”/>
<meta name=”robots” content=”noindex,follow”/>
<meta name=”robots” content=”index,nofollow”/>
<meta name=”robots” content=”noindex,nofollow”/>
- Content is most critical path for SEO ranking.
- It is recommended to have 500 words content for better targeting.
- The most important factor in content optimization is keyword density and frequency.
Keyword Density – The percentage of repetation of our target keyword should be 2% to 4% . Use SEO Quake Toolbar to measure keyword density.
- In HTML we have 6 levels of headings.
- Every page must have at least one H1 tag.
- Multiple H2 and H3 can be used in a page.
- In H1 we must use our main focus keyword.
- More than one H1 in a page is spam.
- In H2 and H3 it is recommended to use the target keyword along with other relevant keywords.
Latent Semantic Keyword
In our content when we write about a specific topic we must also use the other relevant keywords related to that subject.
- Links between internal pages of the site will improve the ranking of individual pages.
- Internal links can be implemented using Navigational menu, Incontent Links ( High Value )
- Internal links improve the quality of pages.
- Use atleast one image in every page.
- Use the name of image as target keyword.
- Use ALT attribute with keywords.
- This technique is used to improve our image ranking in Google image search.
- Use Footer to direct the user to other pages.
- Footer can consist of following elements.
- Links to important pages
- Blog Article
- Social Media Links
- Our Other Brand Sites
- Other Useful Links
- Address and Map ( Local Company )
- Site Map is a file which will provide access to all links in the site.
- Types of Site Maps
- HTML sitemaps for User
- XML sitemap for search engine.
- Visit the website xml-sitemaps.com and download sitemap.
- This site map has to be uploaded on the live server.
- The purpose of this file is to control the access of crawler in our website.
- txt has rules which are created for search engines.
- All search engines accept this file rules.
- The purpose of this technique is to improve the page speed of website to load faster.
- On an average a user waits only 10 seconds for the website loading.
- Load time plays important role in ranking.
- Speed Analysis Tool – Pingdom, Google Speed Analyzer, GT metrix.
URL Redirection Technique
- The purpose of redirection is to send user to correct preferred page.
- Types of redirects –
- 301 ( Moved Permanently )
- 302 ( Moved Temporary )
- If we have duplicate content but it is mandatory to have it then by applying canonical to the pages we can avoid ‘Panda Update’
- All search engines collaborated together to enhance the SERP with more information.
- It is having more visibility compare to non-schema results.
- It is having high CTR.