What is Search Engine Optimization ?
SEO is a process of making websites as per search engine guidelines to achieve top rankings and traffic without paying anything.
Search Engine Components
Every Search Engine is based on following components
- Search Engine Result Page (SERP)
- Spam Fighting Algorithms
Search Engine Architecture
- Crawler : It helps the Search Engine to collect the data and store in a storage. Last Crawl date
Parameter : cahche:www.websitename.com
- Indexer : This component catagorizes data collected by crawler and store in different segments in database. Total pages in google index from given domain
Parameter : site:www.websitename.com
- Algorithms : Google’s first algorithm, which looks at links between pages to determine their relevance and importance. Page Rank Range is between 0 to 10. Page rank is calculated for each page separately.
Toolbars to check page rank are Google Toolbar and SEO Quake Toolbar.
- Search Engine Result Page (SERP) : SERP is result page of any Search Engine.
Click Through Rate (CTR) : CTR is a measure to understand how many users are clicking on website in serch results.
First Fold : The page which is visible to user without scrolling is called ad First Fold.
- Spam Fighting Algorithms : Spam refers to websites which uses unethical practices for search rankings. To fight this spam google releases algorithm updates.
- Panda Update (23 Feb 2011 ) : This algorithm target the site which uses duplicate content and short content in the site. It is also called as Farmer Update.
- Penguin Update (24 April 2012 ) : This algorithm penalize the websites which spam search results by buying links, building low quality links, using link sharing networks for link building. The latest version is 4.0, which is real time penguin algorithm and added into the core algorithm of google.
- Hummingbird Update ( August 2013 ) : Google launched this algorithm to provide instant answers from its own database or from other sources.
- Pigeon Update ( July 2014 ) : The target of this algorithm is to add new signals for ranking local results.
- Mobile Friendly Update (April 2015 ) : The purpose of this algorithm is to improve mobile search result. It applies for individual pages not for entire website.
- Rank Brain ( 26 October 2015 ) : This algorithm is used to take machine learning capabilities to rank webpages in google. As per google, this is consider as 3rd most important ranking factor in Google.
- Updates ( 2016 – 2017 ) :
Mobile Friendly 2 : The website which loads faster on devices will get a boost in ranking.
Possum Update : This update is Related to Local Results.
Fred Update : If website has Ad heavy content.
How to Keep Update with algorithms ?
Click on below Links
SEO is essentially the way toward acquiring site guests from “free” or “natural” list items in web indexes like Google or Bing.
All significant web search tools have essential list items that are positioned in view of what the internet searcher considers most important to clients. We call these natural outcomes, since they are free and not driven by paid ads.
Site design improvement augments the quantity of guests to a specific site or page by guaranteeing that the site seems high on the rundown of natural outcomes returned by a given web crawler.
To begin with, web indexes creep the Web to perceive what is there. This errand is performed by a bit of programming, called a crawler or a creepy crawly (or Googlebot, just like the case with Google). Arachnids take after connections starting with one page then onto the next and file all that they find on their way. Having at the top of the priority list the quantity of pages on the Web (more than 20 billion), it is unimaginable for a creepy crawly to visit a website every day just to check whether another page has showed up or if a current page has been changed, in some cases crawlers may not wind up going by your webpage for a month or two.